Ashland has been utilizing the design-build project delivery system since the company's inception in 1974. A significant percentage of the company's annual business reflects this approach.
Ashland engages site and building design professionals, establishing a single point of contact for the owner. This approach enhances overall project communication, reduces scope omissions between the architect and the contractor, and minimizes project risk for the owner. Other benefits include a compressed delivery schedule and reduced costs.
Utilizing the design-build method, Ashland will assume the following obligations for the owner:
- Converting lease requirements to construction-ready plans and specifications
- Obtaining approval of the plans and specifications from the owner, tenant and all relevant governmental agencies
- Performing the construction
- Obtaining all required approvals of the completed construction
- Coordinating issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy and completion of the project
In summary, utilizing the design-build system, Ashland will serve as a single point of contact and work with a client from project conception to project completion.